- I enrolled the book in NetGalley for all of March
- I posted a headline ad at the Romance Reviews
- I bought a book blitz tour through Book Unleashed which took place on 27th March
It's early days, I know. March is not quite finished, and the book blitz ended a few days ago. I'm told that the book blitz entry appeared on forty-two sites, with a reach of at least 250,000 (without retweets and so on).
So how has this activity affected sales, and reviews?
- I have no new Amazon reviews
- There has not been a sales spike (huh) for TSoL but I have noted a tiny uptick in sales for previous books in the series
- I have had a handful of friend requests on FB and follows on Twitter
Would I do another blog tour/blitz? No. This is not at all a reflection on Book Unleashed. The event was conducted in a professional manner, and forty-two sites is good coverage. I did not pay extra for guaranteed reviews, or other options offered by the company. But then, my books are not aimed squarely at the romance market. Years ago I signed up for a blog tour, and the organiser refunded my money because she couldn't get enough tour hosts to sign up (Science Fiction, you see).
Would I put a book on NetGalley again? No.
What would I do instead? <Shrugs> Spend more time taking photographs.