Friday, July 12, 2019

SF CON TIME AGAIN!


Yes, TREKkers, Whoverians, STAR WARs fans and SF geeks of all stripes, it's that time again. Time for the biggest fan-run science fiction convention in the country--Shore Leave! I'm setting up shop as we speak in the Dealers' Room to sell and sign my newly covered Interstellar Rescue series novels, and I'll be sitting on two authors' panels this year, too. The topics couldn't be more my style: Writing Great Women Characters and Great Genres that Go Together--or Not.

This will be the 41st year of SF shenanigans in Towson, Maryland, with a long list of authors, scientists, and, of course, actors from a number of popular TV shows, both old and new. Nichelle Nichols (Classic TREK's Uhura, naturally) is making a stop on her farewell tour, for pictures and autographs. But I'm personally psyched to see Anson Mount (currently in Star Trek: Discovery as Captain Pike; formerly in Hell on Wheels as Cullen Bohannon), though it's difficult to slip away from the sales table to hear my favorite actor make a presentation.

Still, the best part of Shore Leave is watching the constant parade of cosplayers circling the Dealers' Room. Such creativity! And, of course, meeting readers and other fans just to talk SF/SFR!

Can't wait for the fun to start! (Follow the action with me on my Facebook author page!)

Cheers, Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)