Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quiet? Why Yes, I Have Been.

That's because I just scoured through thirty-seven (count 'em...37) chapters of critiques in the last five days. My mind is fried, my eyes are crossed, and I think I have a touch of carpal tunnel syndrome (can you get just a touch?) but....my final premarket draft is finished. TADA!

Now....I move on to the Market Draft. I need to write a new ending, do a bit more tweaking and finessing, incorporate a few common themes, but I'm in the home stetch.

December 31st is my target date to have P2PC ready to pitch. I can't wait to unleash this one on the world. Make that the universe. :)

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! (I was wondering where you'd gone . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! And thank you so much for the Amazon review of MLTF! "Lord of the Rings meets The Sopranos" -- LOL, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Flick, as the Star Trek TOS computer would say, "Working..."

    Hiya Spartezda! Yeah, pulled one of my temporary *poof!* acts. LOL Are you still posting?

    Lisa, you're very welcome. Yeah, I snagged that "LOTR meets TS" line from my review. I've also used it to pitch MLTF to peers, friends and coworkers. Works every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *looks vaguely guilty*

    Posting what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, still hanging 'round! I was posting chapters of my NaNo work, but considering [squicky developmental-biology metaphor edited out here, which basically said the story isn't ready to be written yet, and I'm tucking it away for a while]. Besides, between the Lab Worksheet of Doom and putting together a spur-of-the-moment family party this weekend (only in my mom's family could a party with 20+ people spring out of nowhere like a ring of mushrooms on the front lawn*), I'm sunk on NaNo anyway. I would feel bad, except there's a zookeeper breaking into City Hall scene to write. ~shark-like grin~**


    *I had to have a biology comparison in here somewhere.
    **Okay, two.

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!

About Spacefreighters Lounge

Hosted by 5 Science Fiction Romance authors with 8 RWA Golden Heart finals and a RITA final between them. We aim to entertain with spirited commentary on the past, present, and future of SFR, hot topics, and our take on Science Fiction and SFR books, television, movies and culture.