Dear Readers:

We appreciate the fact the current political environment is highly charged, but we want to keep Spacefreighters Lounge a stress-free place for everyone to visit and exchange ideas about SFR.

Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from making political references that may antagonize those with differing viewpoints. Thank you for your consideration.

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Leaning Tower of TBR

I've added several books to my TBR list. Here they are in no particular order:

THE OUTBACK STARS by Sandra McDonald
Why? It's a debut novel and it was nominated for the Compton Crook award. Supporting my fellow Skiffy Rommers (SciFiRom writers) is reason enough, but I've read good things about this novel, and a sequel is in the works.

THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer
Why? Two words. Stephenie Meyer. I haven't read anything of hers yet, and the premise of an alien host living in a human body and a "love triangle between only two people" sounds mesmerizing. The Twilight series has been highly acclaimed, but I'm not so much of a YA fan, so I think this will be a great one to start with.

THE MIRRORED HEAVENS by David J. Williams
Why? It's a debut novel and the blurb hooked me. BIG TIME. Tia featured this one on her Fantasy Debut blog (where I pick up a lot of ideas for my TBR tower) and I was intrigued. It sounds like straight Sci Fi, and hard Sci Fi/military at that, but it also smacks of a fascinating read. Here's the blurb so you can judge for yourself: "In the 22nd century, the first wonder of a brave new world is the Phoenix Space Elevator, designed to give mankind greater access to the frontier beyond Earth. Built by the U.S./Pan-Asian Coalition, the Elevator is also a grand symbol of superpower alliance following a second cold war. And it’s just been destroyed." There's more but that was enough to send my fingers flying to the search function at Amazon.

THE CAT STAR CHRONICLES: SLAVE by Cheryl Brooks
By accident, I stumbled on a blog this author had posted on and read the blurb for this novel: I found him in the slave market on Orpheseus Prime... Oh yeah, she had me. Looks like a great read and I'm also curious about similar elements this one may have to my own SciFiRom, P2PC.

* * *

Those already on order from Amazon include:

MOONSTRUCK by Susan Grant
WRITING THE BREAKOUT NOVEL by Donald Maass

2 comments:

  1. On one or all? LOL Thanks for dropping by Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!