Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Preparing To Go Rogue! #RogueOne #StarWars

Official countdown top right on the Star Wars app!
On Sunday my local Odeon cinema announced that Rogue One tickets would be going on sale at midnight. Woo hoo! I've been waiting on this film all year, especially after attending the Rogue One panel at Star Wars Celebration Europe in July and seeing a lot of the costumes and props. I have the impression this will be a darker story - a scene toward the end of A New Hope hints at a tragic end for the spies who stole the Death Star plans - and that kind of appeals to me. While both the latest SW films have central female leads, where Rey may be seen as a very definitely representative of the Light Side, Jyn seems more of a rogue element and possible reluctant hero - a nice contrast (much as I adore Rey).


But as is usual with Odeon online, there were issues. At least they seemed to have anticipated problems because their Twitter help account was being staffed way outside normal hours...not that it helped me. After my usual lengthy struggle with the website (despite the Book Now link going live early), the booking system bumped my payment twice with a message to contact services. After half an hour I gave up and went to bed. Stupid o'clock Monday morning is not my favourite time to battle technology, and apparently a lot of people were having the same problem and it didn't look like any of us would be getting anywhere with it very soon.

Next morning, I tried again and the whole thing went through without a glitch this time. Odeon Help confirmed at least one of the failed transactions hadn't gone through. My account said neither had...as yet. There was yet another glitch with the ticket machine at the cinema itself so I had to go to a till, but I finally got them! My two boys and I will be seeing Rogue One on release day in 3D (though we won't be the first. I can't quite justify going to the 00:01 performance on the 15th without them). Eldest will be missing out as she and hubs have a concert already booked (oh, dear, guess I'll have to go again to take her!). So, with tickets and t-shirt, I'm all set! Roll on 15th of December...
Happenings
Over at Romancing the Genres, I've found three new Christmas/winter SciFi romances to snuggle up to.

Status Update
Revisions to Keir's Shadow is progressing...if the odd paragraph a day counts. With Christmas coming up and various needlework projects to complete, the whole book thing is taking a seat at the back of the bus.

Chook Update
My girls have not enjoyed the recent wet and windy weather! So no pics. I promise to have some more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)