Monday, July 2, 2018

Music and My Characters: Guest Blog by Lea Kirk

Happy almost 4th of July! Need some great science fiction romance reading for the holiday? Well, read on.

Today, my friend and peer, Lea Kirk, is here to guest blog on Spacefreighters Lounge. Lea just released Collision, the fourth book in her Prophecy series and she's here to talk about some of the inspiration for her stories.

Music and My Characters

I love music. I can’t hold a tune or play an instrument to save my life, but songs and music definitely inspire me when I write. In fact, every one of my books has at least one song I associate with it. Let’s start from the beginning:

Prophecy: Being that this is my first book, darn near every character has a song. (I see you rolling your eyes.) But, we’ll stick to just my hero and heroine, Alex and Gryf. I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz reminded me of them from the moment I first heard it. I have to mention here that 93 Million Miles by Jason Mraz also got a lot of playtime on my iPod.

All of Me: Currently the only non-novel-length book in the series. Within a couple of weeks after I came up with the title, I heard a new song by John Legend entitled…All of Me. The words even fit Garrison and April’s relationship. For over a week I struggled with the idea of finding a new title for my story. In the end, I kept it.

Salvation: Hands down, the one song that is forever stuck to Nick and Sakura’s story in my mind is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Folks, this has got to be the most perfect love song ever. In my opinion, of course. I can almost hear Nick strumming his guitar and singing this song.

Collision (Just released! Yay!): Again, several songs inspired me while writing Flora and Fander’s story. The one song that perfectly embodies their relationship is Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons really captures the feel of the storyline.

I hope you enjoyed this small insight to the songs that best fit my characters and stories. Thanks for visiting my guest blog on Spacefreighters!

(P.S. – I do have a vampire novella, Made for Her, that is unrelated to my Prophecy series. Two songs inspired me for that story. Demons by Imagine Dragons, and Back in Black by AC/DC. Mikhail is a “classic rock” kind of vampire. Kinda like his author-mom, who is rocking out to BiB as she puts the final touches to this blog post.)

~*~*~



Collision, Book Three of the Prophecy Series

A heart-rending loss…

Flora Bock will never forgive the Anferthian invaders for murdering her birth-parents. Growing up with the grandson of her sworn enemies is living a nightmare—until the day she sees him through the eyes of a young woman. But giving her heart to him is the ultimate betrayal of her parents’ memory.

A life in peril…

There are precious few places in the galaxy where Fander K’nil is safe. One look into Flora’s beautiful, hate-filled eyes is proof enough that Terr is not one of those places. He must keep her at a distance and stay alive long enough to fulfill his destiny. No matter what his heart desires.

An empire at stake…

Just as Fander and Flora begin to discover the depth of their feelings for each other, they are thrust into a deadly game of politics and assassination with an enemy who stops at nothing to stay in power. With the lives of everyone they love at risk, they must find a way to avert a new invasion before it’s too late—even if it means making the ultimate sacrifice.

Amazon Global        B&N         iTunes         Kobo

Find Lea on social media:
WEBSITE     NEWSLETTER      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      BOOKBUB


1 comment:

  1. Very best wishes for the new release, Lea. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)