Dear Readers:

We appreciate the fact the current political environment is highly charged, but we want to keep Spacefreighters Lounge a stress-free place for everyone to visit and exchange ideas about SFR.

Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from making political references that may antagonize those with differing viewpoints. Thank you for your consideration.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Bricks for my Leaning Tower of TBR


Today I stopped by Borders and had a field day.

First of all, I went on my usual mission and faced the books I found for some of my favorite authors--Lisa Shearin, Linnea Sinclair and Susan Grant. (I couldn't find any by Sandra McDonald. :( )

Then I started scouting out new building material and added four more SF/F books to my Leaning Tower of TBR(c) including a couple I've been meaning to purchase for some time including OLD MAN'S WAR by John Scalzi and HIS MAJESTY'S DRAGON by Naomi Novik (pssst...Amazon says this one is currently $0.00 for the Kimble download, if that's correct). I also stumbled on a couple of finds, as in, I hadn't heard about these yet and I bought them based on the blurb. One is SPIN by Robert Charles Wilson and the other is COMMAND DECISION by Elizabeth Moon. I also zeroed in on a reference novel for one of my upcoming projects.

Just doing what I can to support the publishing industry. :)

While I was in the area I had a delicious meal at the Elephant Bar, grabbed a hot cocoa at Starbucks and checked out several laptops at the Mac store. I started out a Mac user many moons ago before switching to PCs due to non-compat issues that are no longer the case, and I've been threatening to defect back to my first love with my next purchase.

All in all it was a fun day and a nice break from my WIP. Love these refreshing little sidetrips.

2 comments:

  1. Think we can guess the sort of books you like to read, Laurie!!!Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yeah, I do stick with a theme, don't I?

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!