Sunday, July 12, 2009

SFR Coming to Television?

This could be very big news for the Science Fiction Romance market, if it turns out to be anywhere near the hit Grey's Anatomy is. Is this the breakthrough we've been waiting for? Fasten your crash harnesses and get ready for the premier of Defying Gravity (reportedly debuting on August 2).



On a personal level, I have some concerns about this series, since it hits very close to home on the premise of my current WIP. But we shall see...

Meanwhile, if you want to read more about Defying Gravity, check out
this article from Blog Critis Video, which says, "Set 50 years in the future, Defying Gravity has been called Grey's Anatomy in space. It may also be Lost in space. But it's definitely not Lost In Space."

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... I'm slightly scared, actually. I expect some level of professionalism from people not down a gravity well.

    But, we'll see. If it sells more sci-fi books than I'm all for it :o) The hotter the market is, the better chances are for me finding an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Liana, I'm both excited and apprehensive. If it's a huge hit, it could mean SFR goes gangbusters as the public develops an appetite to gobble up anything space exploration related. But if it bombs it could do damage to the SFR market. Publishers may figure if a TV show can't make it, there's not enough widespreadh interest. I'm hoping it's a monster hit, and coming from the folks at Grey's Anatomy, I think it has a pretty fair shot. *crosses fingers*

    And then, of course, I'm also fretting...how close will it be to my current WIP? *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Since it's on network tv maybe I'll get a chance to check it out. My biggest concern is that it's already being compared to LOST instead of having its own vision. But the production values are pretty. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)