Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just a Few Cards from RWA...

I met a lot of people at RWA. Some in workshops, in corridors and seating areas, via mutual friends, over breakfast or at lunch. I'm listing some of the many business cards I collected. If you see your name here, give me a shout. :)

Donna Frelick
UNCHAINED MEMORY
"Three hours had ripped away her past. His love promised her the future."
A gorgeous galactic card that really caught my eye.
We struck up a conversation in the main lobby when I noticed her space-themed tote bag and Donna turned out to be a fellow SFR writer. We had a great time with Sharon Lynn Fisher talking SFR, blurbs and plots over dinner and drinks.

Erin Kellison
"Dark Fantasy meets Modern Fairy Tale"
SHADOW BOUND: June 2010
A lovely fantasy-inspired business card in warm reds and yellows.

a. c. Mason
Author and writer
"Darkness & Desire"
An intriguing layout and smokey background in pinks and greys

Jessa Slade
Writer, Urban Fantasy Romance
Love conquers all...which explains the scars.

[GREAT line!]
SEDUCED BY SHADOWS (a novel of the Marked Souls)
Available 10.09.09
Pictured is (I assume) her very fetching book cover.
I remember telling her about Sandra McDonald's THE OUTBACK STARS.

Kim Sheard
A vertical card in mint & white with a lovely quill pen logo
Kim was a lucky local attending RWA. Wish they had them in Albuquerque.

Kimberly A. Lowe
A very patriotic card with an American flag background.
Fitting, since Kimberly is associated with RomVets (Romance-writing military Vets).

Marta Bliese
Author, Romantic Fantasy
2008 Heart2Heart Winner (Paranormal)
A very elegant card in ivory with a pen and pad.

Mary Gramlich
The Reading Reviewer
A very classic card with an oil painting of a woman reading a book.

Suza Kates
Romantic Suspense Author
Another vertical card with Suza's photo and a catchy font for her info.
I saw Suza again and again at workshops. She was everywhere.

Jean Huets
Writer / Copyeditor / Book Designer
Very businesslike card.
I sat with Jean and Kimberly Lowe for one of the luncheons.

Bernadette Marie
Romance Author
A two-sided business card with contrasting ivory and brown colors on each side, and a scroll and tome.

Julia Amante
EVENINGS AT THE ARGENTINE CLUB
(About two Argentine families making lives in the USA)
On sale September 25, 2009
A bookmark card with a comment by reviewer Susan Wiggs (author of FIRESIDE) "touching, funny, tragic, and triumphant" with a book blurb on the back.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say what a pleasure it was meeting you, Laurie!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you too, Jess. Our Skiffy Rommer gathering was a real highlight for me.

    I'm so looking forward to the debut of BEYOND THE RAIN. I know I'm going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)