Dear Readers:

We appreciate the fact the current political environment is highly charged, but we want to keep Spacefreighters Lounge a stress-free place for everyone to visit and exchange ideas about SFR.

Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from making political references that may antagonize those with differing viewpoints. Thank you for your consideration.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Research Side Trip

My Google dragnet recently scooped up this discussion on the Physics Forums: Space freighters.

It's a lively debate on how planet-to-planet--and more specifically planet-to-orbit--space freighting might be accomplished. I found it full of ideas for the SFR writer.

Magnetic accelerator launch rails?

Mass vs. fuel?

Earth to space tugs?

Yes, worth a quick look.

2 comments:

  1. I shall read it up. I haven't had much opportunity to play with space ships since my characters can travel via temporal gateways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good source of ideas for further research. Some of these forums are great starting points for inspiring ifdeas.

    Oh! I meant IDEAS but I think I just discovered a new favorite word. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!