Dear Readers:

We appreciate the fact the current political environment is highly charged, but we want to keep Spacefreighters Lounge a stress-free place for everyone to visit and exchange ideas about SFR.

Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from making political references that may antagonize those with differing viewpoints. Thank you for your consideration.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Sci Fi Rom/YA Poll Update

With 85 blog readers chiming in to date, here are the results (so far):

I write Science Fiction Romance. 9% (8 votes)
I avidly seek out Science Fiction Romance as a reader. 7% (6 votes)
I occasionally read Science Fiction Romance. 22% (19 votes)

I write Science Fiction YA. 6% (5 votes)
I search everywhere for Science Fiction YA. 4% (3 votes)
I read Science Fiction YA once in awhile. 20% (17 votes)

I prefer other genres. 21% (18 votes)
Other 11% (9 votes)


It seems the majority (a combined total of 36 votes) read Sci Fi Rom and/or Sci Fi YA on occasion, where 7% (6 votes) actively seek out Sci Fi Rom, and 4% (3 votes) actively seek out Sci Fi YA.

Eight (8) stated they write Sci Fi Rom and five (5) write Sci Fi YA. (I thought this was interesting because I assumed those who write this/these subgenre(s) would actively seek it out to read, but that's not the case according to the numbers.)

A large portion of votes also preferred other genres, so this is a good indication the poll wasn't taken only by fans of Sci Fi Rom/YA.

I'll keep the poll open another week or so and post final results once it's closed. Thanks to everyone who's voted so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!