Friday, September 11, 2009

Dawn Jackson: FIRST SALE!

Exciting news!!! Dawn Jackson has sold her first novel, SLIPPING THE PAST, a Futuristic/Paranormal Romance to Liquid Silver Books. Many of you know Dawn as one of my IPs, a cross-critiquer, a co-blogger from Take it to the Stars and who I'm collaborating with on a YA SFR.

Trust me, Dawn has a lot of great novels in the works, and I know this will just be the first of many more to come.

Liquid Silver Books has already posted a release announcement and a blurb
here. Check it out! A release date is expected to be announced in the next few weeks.




*confetti* *fireworks*
*cake and ice cream all around*

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laurie.
    This story has its own tale behind it, one that has been full of ups, downs and big frustrations. Slipping the Past started over 4 years ago as another story and has change titles and locations a couple of times. The one thing that never changed were my pychic enforcers I called "reapers" for their ability to take souls. Slipping the Past has been a labor of love that I'm finally able to see published. Who knows, maybe I'll ressurect the original that started it all.

    Got Soul???

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Dawn, "Got Souls?" would make a GREAT promo idea for your book. I think you should take that and run with it. Did you see Donna's article on self-promotion? T-shirts and tote bags would be way cool.

    Congrats again. (And yes, I still love the original--that opening scene is amazing!--and I'd love to see it resurrected to find a home.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Dawn, this is so exciting! And I just love hearing stories about writers who stick with it until they make it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)