Saturday, January 15, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Another week has gone by and it's time again for Six Sentence Sunday.

This week I'm posting a second excerpt from Chapter 1 of my Science Fiction Romance WIP, The Outer Planets.  (Just to clarify, this is not the hero that the heroine meets, but he is a major player in the story.)  I even managed to find a pic that somewhat goes with the blurb.  Not what I was picturing, but I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for on the internet.

Don't miss all the great Six Sentence posts from participating authors by clicking the link above.

Thanks for visiting!  :)
__________________________

Lissa willed her legs forward, stepping onto the deck of Captain Daniel Storing’s ship. Behind her the hatch to the docking bay closed with a clack, followed by a low rumble as the air lock depressurized.

Escape route sealed. Point of no return.

She looked into the commanding blue eyes of the man before her. The eyes of Zeus, an awe-stricken friend had once described them. He studied her, neither relief nor anger evident in his gaze, his face molded into its usual professional scowl.

Photo courtesy Photos8.com

24 comments:

  1. I love how you show her reluctance to go in and when she finally does, her inability to get out. Great six! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I really love the description and the emotion behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyes of Zeus - well said, Laurie, very evocative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore a guy that scowls. You've shown the captain's persona well, with such little word count. Add in the tension from the airlock hissing closed, no escape beyond this point, and just a lovely set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to feel her apprehension. A tense moment for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jessica. I could feel her panic. Good snippet

    ReplyDelete
  7. A scowl just can't be good. SMH...she's in trouble now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for your comments and thoughts. I'm really enjoying SSS.

    Hope to be back next week with more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Don't know if she's in for a butt chewing or not! Need more...

    ReplyDelete
  10. "professional scowl" Love that! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I feel scolded by those eyes already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the description of her look. Nice pic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie! Wow! Great writing-- just makes me want to read more. I can't wait to see your book published.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, everyone, for the added comments. *waves to Kaye*

    I'll try to return the favor this week, since I wasn't around last Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)