Dear Readers:

We appreciate the fact the current political environment is highly charged, but we want to keep Spacefreighters Lounge a stress-free place for everyone to visit and exchange ideas about SFR.

Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from making political references that may antagonize those with differing viewpoints. Thank you for your consideration.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Test Drive a Starship

OK, what's a celebration without a little product promotion? Our little Intergalactic Science Fiction Romance Week has brought in some of the most famous captains in the galaxy...and their rides.

Soooo....here's your chance!

There's a whole row of shiny starships lined up just waiting for a test drive from our guests. Which one will you grab and take for a spin around the solar system?

1. The Millenium Falcon

2. Colonial Viper

3. The Enterprise

4. Serenity (Firefly series)

5. An X-Wing Fighter

6. Space Shuttle Atlantis

7. The Nostromo

8. Battlestar Galactica

9. Slave 1

10. The Galileo shuttle

11. Imperial Star Destroyer

12. Voyager

13. Delta Flyer

Don't see what you're looking for? Turn in a request. I'm sure we must have one parked, docked or orbiting around here somewhere.

11 comments:

  1. I want to test drive the Falcon. Don't mind me if I kick the tires first though. That ship brings a whole new meaning to excitement. Nothing like the excitement of your ship falling apart on you mid battle. She's a beautiful old bird though.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the "thoughs". I tend to repeat myself when tired, and I've reached a new dimension of sleep deprivation. Oh well.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenity is mine, please, please, please. River can co-pilot, she makes me laugh, and Mal can watch our backs. Yippee, here we go...leaf in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *waves her number*

    I'm next in line after Jess. I chose the Falcon too. Fast, armed with twin ion cannons and plenty of room for a few friends.

    For sheer excitement, I think Serenity would probably be a heart stopper. You know how those buffer panels tend to fly off entering orbit. And those dual swivel side-thrusters...well, they can do all sorts of intriguing maneuvers. Um, yeah, okay Arlene...Leaf in the wind. hehe

    A viper might be fun, though.

    And a Star Destroyer. *does Tim Allen grunt* More power.

    Hey, how did the Death Star escape this line up? Well, come to think of it "small moon-like station" probably doesn't qualify as a ship. And test drives could result in another mass distinction. Um...ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is for The Nostromo. I love the exposed conduit look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to mention the fantastic stereo system in the shuttle, Heather.

    And then as an added bonus...Captain Dallas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have the Delta Flyer? I like fast and agile.

    Like Tom Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You bet, Robyn!

    *runs off to recruit a Delta Flyer for the line up*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delta Flyer. Fast, sleek, and a fabulous honeymoon destination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought about the Falcon, but I'm a quick fire girl myself so I'll go for an Xwing or a Viper thanks Laurie. Too many people on the Galactica and the Imperial Star Destroyer...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I claim The Enterprise. It's fast, comfortable, and it has holo-decks. The bar is a bit too well behaved for my taste. My first order shall be for the bar to actually have drunks in it! Can't have a bar without drunks. Guinan - you're fired. Heather - you're hired.

    Hmmm. Who shall I make my Number? This is a difficult decision. I must mull!

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!