Ah, but just like Miss America, there are duties connected to this title.
First, we must tell you seven things about ourselves. OK, we're game. Here goes:
1. Laurie: I collect dragons, quotes and '57 Thunderbirds. (No, not the actual cars--I wish!--just pictures and models.)
2. Sharon: I was awarded honorable mention for a short story contest in Cricket Magazine when I was 12.
3. Donna: I hold a third degree black belt in Isshinryu karate, a traditional Okinawan style, as well as black belt rank in the internal Chinese arts of tai chi, hsing i and ba gua. I have been studying karate for 18 years; internal arts for 13 years and teach both styles.
4. Laurie: I live on a small ranch called the Rising Star. When people ask how it got it's name, I used to tell them it was named for Venus, which was rising over the mountains like a beacon when we first bought the land. Truth be told, it's really named it after the diplomats' ship in the original Battlestar Galactica. At that time in my life, I didn't want to out myself as a Sci-Fi fanatic. Now I'm a proud, badge-toting SFR Brigader and I have no problem telling everyone (like you!) from whence came the name.
5. Sharon: I once placed second in a 24-hour mountain bike race (because there were only two women’s teams!)
6. Donna: I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in a small village in The Gambia, West Africa from 1976-78. My husband and I provided admin support to other volunteers and fieldworkers in the Community Development department.
7. Donna, Sharon and Laurie: We all met for the first time at the 2009 RWA National Conference in Washington, DC. Ah yes, it was a very good year. :)
Now, we'll pass along The Stylist Blogger Award to ten other bloggers and share the wealth. :) If you're here to accept a Stylish Blogger Award, please comment below.