|EXCERPT | GOODREADS|
Available at... Breathless Press |
Smashwords | ARe | Bookstrand
Amazon | B&N
It's release day for the print edition of my SciFi romance adventure Tethered (a top ten bestseller at Breathless Press!). This is my second print release for 2015, with two more to go. When Dark Falls will release in June, completing the print editions of my 2014 ebooks, while I hope to release the print edition of Keir close to the ebook re-release (the problem with self publishing is I have to do all the preparation and formatting myself rather than just being presented with a confirmed release date. Le sigh).
But as today is all about Tethered, I thought I'd share five facts about the story that might not be obvious at first glance from the cover and blurb...
1. Despite the generic white male on the cover (my scarred hero Zander), Tethered actually got a mention over at The Galaxy Express for being a diverse book. My heroine Tyree is black skinned.
2. The story is told entirely from Tyree's point of view, not the norm for romance novels (though I can point you toward the books of my co-blogger Laurie A Green with Farewell Andromeda being solely the heroine's POV, and the Inherit the Stars series being told entire from the hero's POV. There's also Unacceptable Risk by Jeanette Grey (cyberpunk/biopunk with a single female POV), Nebula's Music by Aubrie Dionne (SFR, heroine's POV), and Rachel Leigh Smith's My Name is A'yen told predominantly from the hero's POV. Hey, maybe it's not such a rarity...)
3. Tethered is the only story I never had a soundtrack for, not even after the event. The idea jumped me Christmas Day, so unless you count Christmas carols, I didn't have any music playing when I wrote it.
4. The idea started as a conversation on Twitter about under-represented mythical creatures, with things such as elves, orcs, vampires, dragons, and shifters dominating the market. Of course, at the time I didn't realize succubi were so popular either...
5. Tyree got a name change after the amused reaction from one of my fellow Brigaders to the original name during the 2012 SFR Brigade Pitch Contest. (And no, I'm not telling you what it was).
In the meantime, check out the upcoming events!
To celebrate the print release, I'll be appearing at the following blogs. In the meantime, you can order the print edition HERE at my publisher's website (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and The Book Depository to follow soon).
16th Erzabet's Enchantments - An Unexpected Christmas Present Called Inspiration
20th Romance Junkies - interview
23rd Love Romance Passion - Five Things that make me pick up a Book
23rd Romance Reviews Today - interview
23rd Savvy Authors - Choosing a Single POV
24th - release day!
25th Katie Babbles - Inspiration
I'll also be taking part in a Facebook party at 4-5pm CDT (or 9-10pm GMT) here:
The party will be running from 11am CDT on the 24th until 9pm on the 25th of March, with more than 16 authors taking part and doing games, chat and giveaways.
You have a few more days to take advantage of the 25% off all ebooks and free shipping on print book orders over $20.00 at Breathless Press, including my four titles there.
And last but not least, April sees the start of the Fools for Love month long blog hop, sponsored by the SFR Station. The grand prize is a $75 gift card, with two runner ups winning $25 gift cards each, while all winners get an ebook bundle. I'm donating Tethered and a rare eARC of my upcoming time travel romance re-release, Keir.