Thursday, July 21, 2016

The ups and downs of writing

This writing thing is such a roller-coaster ride. I go months without a thing to write, then all of a sudden a story beats my brain with a stick, demanding to be written So, I've written it. I just finished the first draft. I think they're called novelettes these days, kind of a long short story. It simply poured out like something hot and sticky, at around 1,500 words a day. I really like it and I hope you do, too. It's a straight out romance set in space with planets and spaceships and aliens.My friendly cover designer has created a first class cover, which I'll share some other time.

I shared a snippet from the story (Ella and the Admiral) on my own website. It's here if you're interested.

In between bouts of writing I've been having a play with Photofunia, a fun website that lets you upload your own photos and recasts them in different modes. Here's a few I've done with my book covers.











Why don't you try it? It's lots of fun. Here's the link again.



1 comment:

  1. Yay on the novelette, and I'm going to go check out Photofunia now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments set on moderation - all spammers will be exterminated!