Tuesday, October 9, 2007

If it's Monday, This Must be Spacefreighters

New Blog on the Scanner
I'm convinced I'm a blog-aholic. In addition to my two, and my joint Fantasty blog, I'm now in the process of creating yet another along with a couple of writers I work with very closely. We're calling this one Take it to the Stars. It focuses on what I call "extraordinary romances" sometimes refered to as Speculative Romance. It's Romance blended with Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Paranormal, Horror, etc. It will feature our running commentary, book reviews, comments on the industry, notes on our work, etc. It's not up and running just yet. We're working out some kinks.

Update on P2PC (WIP)
My Sci-Fi Romance is coming along nicely. It still needs some tweaks and flourishes, but I'm very close to turning my core group of critters lose on it for final feedback. This didn't start out as a full-blown romance. At first, I resisted taking it down that path every word of the way, but in the end, it decided what it wanted to be when it grew up. I hope to have P2PC ready to market in November, provided my critters don't pursuade me that a major change in direction is required. This will be a debut novel, so I have to get it right.

What I'm Reading
Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair. I'm fascinated. This has turned into a study session for me. The story begins with a life-or-death struggle and a surprise. That sets the precedent. The way Linnea introduces elements of the characters' backstories is brilliant. She springs surprises about them every step of the way--the knock your socks off variety. Each chapter brings new insights into the two MCs, and what is really lurking beneath the surface of the male MC. I'm about 3/4 done and so far I would highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys an adventure through outer--and inner--space.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Laurie! Very busy these days, but I thought I'd buzz the lounge to see how you're doing. Have you read all of Linnea's books now? I think I'm one away, but I can't remember which one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimber. Thanks for stopping by.

    Still working on Linnea's in my TBR pile. I finished GABRIEL'S GHOST and I'm looking forward to the sequel due out next year. Now I'm reading FINDERS KEEPERS.

    On one of my joint blogs, Susan Grant's summary of HOW TO LOSE AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL IN 10 DAYS convinced me to give it a read. That one's coming with my next Amazon order.

    How's the query process going for you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)