Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lisa Shearin's Debut Novel Nominated!

By now everyone knows what a huge fan I am of Lisa Shearin's Raine Benares series that started with MAGIC LOST, TROUBLE FOUND and continues with the April 29 release of the second book in the series, ARMED & MAGICAL (see previous reviews and articles on this blog).

Lisa just shared some great news:

This is what I've been waiting to tell everyone!! *HUGE GRIN* Since it's been announced over on Science Fiction Awards Watch http://www.sfawardswatch.com/ I can officially announce it myself:

Magic Lost, Trouble Found is one of five finalists for the Compton Crook/Stephen Tall Memorial Award for the best debut novel of the year. The award is voted on by members of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society and will be awarded at their annual convention (Balticon) on Memorial Day weekend.

Needless to say, I was thrilled and amazed to be included in such great company. Check out the other nominees -- WOW!:

The Blade Itself, Joe Abercombie (Pyr)

The Outback Stars, Sandra McDonald (Tor)

The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss (DAW)

Magic Lost, Trouble Found, Lisa Shearin (Ace)

One Jump Ahead, Mark Van Name (Baen)


Wow, indeed! MLTF gets my vote (uh...if I had one). Fabulous news, and I know of no more deserving author.

Congratulations, Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)