Friday, December 13, 2019

CHRISTMAS AT MY ZOO--UM, HOUSE

I so enjoyed seeing Laurie's New Mexican take on the Yuletide celebrations that I just had to follow suit and share some photos from Christmas here in North Carolina. Of course, the menagerie had to get in on the action (that's why no holiday video this year!) Well, you'll see!

Our big celebratory meal was on Thanksgiving, as usual, but I can only drag out the special dishes once a year. So I do!. Blanca (upper right corner) photobombed the shot!

Ready for Christmas dinner--two weeks early!
 I'm never satisfied with one big tree. I like lots of little ones, too.

Three little trees!
 But, of course, I have a big one, too. This one is made of black metal, which assembles easily and shows off my ornaments. The chair is waiting for my 2019 teddy bear, which I haven't bought yet.

Santa is always watching!

I have ornaments from many of the countries we've visited, including some from the European tour we made by river cruise last year. I love old-style glass ornaments (I even have some from the 50s that belonged to my mom), but new things are fun, too. If you look close you can see Captain Kirk and the Enterprise hanging out.

Some of my favorites.


The stockings are all hung by the chimney with cat.

In hopes that St. Nicholas will know where they're at.

The doggies are tucked all warm in their beds,

Rom, with a treat after a morning in the snow.
 While visions of chasing squirrels dance in their heads!

Skiffy, too busy to look up!
 And I heard them bark and meow as they scurried out of sight--Merry Christmas to all! And to all a New Year most bright!

Happy Holidays, Donna

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all your holiday trees and your happy critters. The history behind those ornaments is amazing. (Also, I found the Enterprise, but I couldn't find Kirk!)

    "The stockings are all hung by the chimney with cat." < Love it!

    Happy Holidays back to you, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie! It was fun sharing. And Kirk is hanging just above the Enterprise--look for the communicator in his hand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)