Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pippa's Journal - 7/25/12

Good morning! This will be a short one as I haven't anything new to announce, and frankly I'm shattered. It's only three days into our summer holiday, and my children are running me ragged. Writing? Prrffft. I've been lucky to edit a paragraph in the last week, and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to do the August Campnanowrimo without a tanker-full of extra strong coffee and some late-night candle-burning. But enough of my woes...


Happenings -

This month's SFR Brigade Amazon Tagging sign up is still open for you to add your title for the party on Thursday. Doing these monthly seems to be working out okay so I'm going to stick with that for now.
On Monday I hosted author Myra Nour on her latest tour for her latest release - Heart of the Dragon - a science fiction romance with dragons! Her guest post answered the question - Why Write Sci Fi Romance? I think a lot of us know the answer to that one, and would agree with many of her reasons.
I'm also doing a Writer Chat today with Natalie Wright who was kind enough to invite me, and who asked me some tough questions! She was mean with her choices. :-P
One of the sites that accepted Keir for review also invited me to do a guest post. I choose one on opening lines, an idea that had been buzzing around my head. Some of the SFR Brigade and my friends may have noticed me posting the question on favourites openings in the group and on my Facebook profile. I think it made for a great discussion topic! The post will be on Close Encounters of the Night Kind on the 27th July. I'd love to hear some more opinions on your favourite opening lines and what you think makes a good one.
I'm also interviewing romance author Krystal Brookes on the 31st, with an excerpt from her new release Bounty.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the Firebirds are now in or on their way to Anaheim. I'm deeply jealous. Maybe one day I'll be able to do it too, but in the meantime I wish them all the best and hope it's a blast. Next Wednesday I start Campnanowrimo - prepare for much screaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)