Monday, May 20, 2019

My Watch Has Ended...Badly

So, after eight years (actually nine if you count the two years we waited for the final season after season 7), the great epic of our times, Game of Thrones, came to an end last night.

I honestly couldn't wait to see it! I waited all week, thinking about it. The next-to-the-last episode really left things up in the air...or...down on the ground, in many ways.

A major character had run hopelessly amok. A life-long sibling rivalry had ended in a bitter battle to the end that left no winner. Another sibling who had started down the right path, suddenly did an about face and plunged right back into disaster. Probably the most trustworthy and upstanding character of them all was faced with a horrible dilemma. And then the symbolism of one who rode out of the aftermath on a pale horse...

There were deaths. Question marks. More question marks. Flames. Fear. Horror. Grotesqueness. Some brilliant acting. And some absolutely state-of-the-art cinematography. Including a jaw-dropping scene that gave a character wings.

And last night all of those stories and deeds and histories and deaths came to a final, grinding halt.

How do I feel about how it ended? About investing all my time, thoughts, hopes and expectations into a series that concluded in the way that it did?

Let me put it this way...










I'll add one final thought.

Please, oh please, don't ever, ever, ever let me do this to my readers.

Never.

Ever.

Ever.

Amen.

Please try to have a good week.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)