Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Boldly Sewing...


One of the many things that has suffered over the past few years is my cosplaying. Obviously with COVID, conventions were a big no-no, and even when things started opening up again, I was cautious. Weight gain during lockdown meant I wasn't willing to go for my big planned cosplay even with NorCon upcoming, and time was an issue too. So I hadn't done anything in a while.



But with my HRT seeming to help a bit and another handful of masks under my belt, I felt ready and able to progress to something more adventurous. First thing on the agenda was clearing my sewing space so I could actually use it. The Christmas holiday had given me time to clear away the junk stacked in front of my sewing cupboard, but not to sort it. With spring half-term and a spate of rain followed by storms Dudley, Eunice, and Franklin making outdoor activities (beyond storm prep and then repair) a definite no, I had zero excuse. I also inherited a better chair from youngest (who inherited a better one from middle child, who got a new one). My sewing cupboard and the storage above were sorted, labelled, and ready for some action. 

Patterns sorted into separate sci-fi and fantasy collections. There is also one of 'normal' patterns.

I'd had a request for a commission, but brain fog and lack of enthusiasm meant I'd shied away from the task despite buying the fabric. 
Time to bite the bullet, even if the client might have changed their mind by now. I discovered that one of my cats likes chewing pattern paper. The other likes to roll herself in my fabric, then claw her way out. Neither were activities I was happy about. Despite that, I did manage to get everything cut out and marked up by the end. 


I'm now back at work so don't have the luxury of time to spend all day on this project, but at least it's finally in motion. And it's good to be creating again.


1 comment:

  1. Bolding Sewing. LOL Love it! So glad to see you're back on track with some of your cosplay projects. Can't wait to see what you come up with for future cons. It's definitely been a rough two years, but it does feel like we're finally coming back into the light. (Covid-wise, anyway.) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)