Friday, March 4, 2022

NEW KDP A+ CONTENT BOOSTS BOOK PAGE

Those of us who are self-published (which is almost everybody I know in science fiction romance) will look for just about any opportunity to advertise and sell our books without spending a lot of money. So when such a chance comes along from a major marketplace AND it happens to be FREE, well, I, for one, am not going to pass it by.

I’m referring to KDP’s A+ Content, offered for any books you list through KDP on Amazon. With A+ Content, you can produce graphics for your book’s sales page on Amazon using photos; quotes from your book; reviews from major publications, review services, or well-known fellow authors; or any other kind of promotional material you can think of (that meets KDP guidelines).

I used several photos I already had in my files, including some that were used for my paperbacks’ back covers, and, using the A+ Content module software, added quotes from the books in overlays. In other modules, I highlighted review quotes that had only been in the front pages of my books before. You can add several different modules and mix and match to suit your needs and style. It helps to have some experience with putting together computer graphics, but if you can do a blog post or work with simple PDF editing, you can easily do this.

Screenshot of A+ Content for Fools Rush In: Interstellar Rescue Book 3

The book sales pages already had a spot to add a video, but producing a trailer is an expensive proposition, and I don’t consider myself to be a particularly brilliant salesperson onscreen. So, I’ve never taken advantage of that feature. The A+ Content, though, is easy to do and adds a visual punch to each page that’s unique to each book.

Whether it will help sales remains to be seen, but surely it can’t hurt. Try it, you may like it!

Cheers, Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)