Friday, August 19, 2022

MY OTHER, OTHER HOBBY

I don't usually post a lot about how I spend multiple hours every spring, summer and fall when I'm not writing science fiction romance, blogging here or reviewing films and television on my podcast. But when my mind's not out in space somewhere, it's very much grounded--in my garden.

 

This year has been a spectacular one for the garden, which is not to brag, because I consider gardening to be about 30 percent my effort and 70 percent up to Mother Nature. She has been very kind this year, as the pictures below reveal. The tomatoes outgrew their original supports (Photo One shows them overflowing their "cage." Photo Two shows the new ladders I just got to support them.) I tried a new Malabar spinach, a tropical vine that provides a lovely edible green all through the heat and looks great on the entrance to my garden, too (Photo Three). And, finally, in Photo Four, you see the results of Mother Nature's bounty! 

 

Posted in gratitude,

Donna

 

These tomatoes are clearly out of control!


 
Ah, that's more like it!


Tropical Malabar spinach all summer long.

Mother Nature's bounty from those unruly plants.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! My garden burned up from the heat and drought. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! Yes, I’m very aware of how lucky we’ve been this year when many parts of the world have been suffering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)