Tuesday, August 2, 2022

So Long, Farewell...


I have been a part of the Spacefreighters crew for just over a decade (wowzers?!), but my time has come to an end. I am unfortunately jumping ship and taking shore leave. In those ten years I have hit highs and lows, shared my joys, hobbies, frustrations, triumphs, and lots of chicken pics. It's been fun. But the past few years have seen my writing be sidelined and my enthusiasm for it and publishing waning. I have sadly reached the point where I no longer care about either, and don't seem to have the time and energy even when my muse gets twitchy. Part of that is real life. Part of that was burn out. Part of it pandemic. Part, I have reached the point of being a 'woman of a certain age', and the issues that come with it have severely impacted my writing, whether books or blogging. I don't know if I will ever fully recover my love for writing (and for other interests) but I live in hope.

I want to thank my fellow crewmates for their support, for allowing me to be part of their blog and our journeys together through publishing together, through controversies and conquests, through thick and thin. I wish them luck with their continuing journey as I pause mine for the moment and consider which path I may now take.

Love and luck.

Pippa Jay x.

5 comments:

  1. It's been so great having you as part of the Spacefreighter crew for so long, Pippa, but I think most of us understand how interests and life challenges can change our direction over time. I wish you all the best in your future pursuits, but I also hope one day that muse sneaks back to re-ignite your writing flame. I have a feeling you still have a lot of great stories waiting to be told! Thanks for your many great blogs and participation in events here at the Lounge, and maybe we'll see you back in the future as a guest blogger. Take care, and please keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the very best wherever the winds of fate blow you. Who knows? The muse might find you again. She's a pernicious lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every writer knows that feeling of hitting a wall. So I completely understand that it has led you to take a turn . Who knows where that turn may lead you? Wishing you a happy journey and an exciting road ahead wherever you go. We’ll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for all you've done for the genre and authors! Best of luck going forward. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)